Monday, June 29, 2009

The Journey Has Begun

So, I had my first experince where I lost someone after coming out to them. I truly felt that everything was alright after I told LC, my former bff(or so I thought). I mean she was cool, she didn't call em that often anyway and we didn't hang out very often anyway, since she goes to school in our home state and I don't. I have felt that we were growing apart for quite some time, but I figured it was because I was becoming more comfortable being ymself at school, and I still had to wear the facade at home. So, I felt that in order to work on our relationship I come out to her; her initial reaction shocked me, but only because recently she became uber-religious and conservative. The day I told her she called me up and was like where is this coming from, I didn't understand the question. She asked why i was coming out now...I still don't quite understand why I feel like I shoudl tell my folks about my sexuality, but something tells me I should...I think it has something to do with trying to be comfortable with my folk. But anyway...

since I've been homw this summer, things have been really awkward with the two folks that are my supposed bffs, LC and SMM. Me and SMM have worked on our relationship and now I can talk about anything with her; LC was not willing to talk when I told her i thought we needed to talk...I haven't spoken to her since she said that. She has commented on my facebook, and sent me text messages acting like there is nothign wrong, I can't even deal with it...and whenever i get ready to talk about my bffs, the people that come to mind are SMM and DLM...and I feel like this has been the more acurate picture since I started college.

No comments:

Post a Comment